The Associated Press reported that Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, PA is now offering a new 15-pound burger. The Beer Barrel Belly Buster has 10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers — and a bun. The cost is $30.
The restaurant's previous high mark was a 6-pound burger — with 5 pounds of toppings. The quest to make a bigger burger stems from losing the title of the biggest burger to the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, NJ with a 12.5-pound burger called Zeus.
News of the giant burger has reached New York City. David Letterman mentioned the large sandwich and devoted a Top 10 list. Courtesy of CBS and "The Late Show":
Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Eating A 15-Pound Cheeseburger
10. "Does this restaurant have a defibrillator?"
9. "Am I that hungry or should I order the 12-pound cheeseburger?"
8. "Does it come with fries?"
7. "Would it be easier to eat 60 quarter pounders?"
6. "Can I get it on a low-carb bun?"
5. "How expensive is it to be buried in a piano case?"
4. "What am I going to have for dessert?"
3. "Why is everybody looking at me?"
2. "What would Jesus do?"
1. "Can I super-size that?"